Last week the ACLU of California’s Education Team launched www.myschoolmyrights.
Please help us educate and empower California students:
- Share www.
MySchoolMyRights.com on Facebook, Twitter, and with all the youth you know!
- Share the student macros and memes on the My School My Rights website on your social media accounts to promote student rights and the My School My Rights campaign.
- Talk to your youth about their rights and print any of the downloadable PDFs on their site that explain important areas of student rights.
On September 14, 2015, a Texas high school freshman Ahmed Mohamed was led away from campus in handcuffs and suspended for three days for bringing a homemade digital clock to school. The announcement of the website’s launch contends that Ahmed’s story is a reminder that we must support our students and their rights.
- School discipline
- School uniforms and dress codes
- Student expression
- School and police searches
- Cell phone and social media privacy
- LGBTQ students
- Pregnant and parenting students